Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sun is Shining

I drove into Sacramento late last week. I immediately set out on an 8 mile run to cleanse myself from the long drive. I've gotten myself to a bit more of a settled state and found a part time job. I'll be working in an office for a high profile divorce attorney. I suspect the mundane office work will be livened by what happens when people get into shitty situations for long periods of time. 

I would like to say my road trip home was a blast and I saw new places. The truth is I see now in looking back at the photos how great it was. The coast is beautiful which is why I chose it for driving back home. I knew the juxtaposition of where my mind was with the beauty in front of me would help get me through the long days. 




Moab Arches 

Falls about 45 minutes outside of Portland
Hike break with the girls






Astoria Oregon I thank you for the Chocolate Croissant - twice.
I'm definitely in a transitional phase in my life - much like I was before I left for Colorado. I don't see myself staying in Sacramento for long. Gaining confidence in what my next move is while connecting with those I enjoy having in my life is what my days are for now. 


 One of my favorite spots was Bandon. It was sunny when I arrived (photo of coast above) and the next morning I went out for an hour and got absolutely drenched. There are many beautiful spots along the Western Coast. I took the time to drive through Avenue of the Giants as well and came across a tree I could drive through. Everything was eerily desolate being very early in the morning and nothing open. I felt like the girls and I were the only life on the road. It was peaceful. 

Today the sun is starting to peak through and the hours are getting away from me. Need to enjoy the last days before I start working (part of the time) again. 


1 comment:

  1. Keeping busy is good. Hopefully your part time gig will help fund your next adventures. Don't move around too much...JB looks like she's aged quite a bit on your travels.

    ReplyDelete