Friday, February 28, 2014

She's Crafty

Lately I've had a creative nagging. I'm not sure from where it comes... I've had the urge to buy canvas, paint and just go for it. Then I found this cool little dresser at a used store. They had one exactly like it with fresh paint only $10 more but I had an idea. 

Before shot - can't tell from the photo but it was really dirty and beat up.

A trip to Lowe's for some sand paper and I rounded the edges and smoothed it out. I had a friend with some extra paint so I saved some money there. 

Quick top coat of black.
I looked up a few blogs and instructions on how to get a "vintage" look but realized the only way to try this was to do it. I can't read about something I want to learn - I just have to do it. 

Red coat over the black.




Sweet nobs I picked up.

I'm quite pleased with the finish! So is Gracie! I needed the extra clothing space for my room since I'm starting fresh. This dresser is actually the exact match (but miniature) to a dresser I've had since I was a baby. That one is currently in my mom's closet. I'm going to paint it next but with a cream color finish instead. 

Miss Gracie excited for her new dresser
I'm still going to buy canvas and paint. Hopefully an artist friend of mine whose talent I admire a great deal will help me learn how to hold a brush. I might even acquire a little french hat for full artist affect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment