Friday, March 8, 2013

Cupcakes tomorrow! Oh, and 30 miles..

The best thing about Way Too Cool tomorrow is the frog cupcakes that await. I just have to run 30 miles first!

Rivvit
I'll also have my ego handed back to me after receiving 2nd place in both Steep Ravine and Jed Smith 50K last month. I'll be lucky if I'm in top 40 women... But I'm focused on a PR, not a medal. Last year this race was my very first 50K. I clocked in a 5:28:00 on the new course. Conditions were dry and perfect for fast running. I took it easy since it was my first one and I didn't know how to race a course more than 26.2 and, frankly, I was terrified. I'd like to be in the 5 hour range tomorrow. The top finishing female will likely be under or around 4 hours (!!!!!) That's a 7:45 min/mile people! On 6K+ of gain! 

I received my 15° F bag yesterday! I'm all set for Grand Canyon. I'm gonna take her for a test sleep at Sonoma next weekend. Camping and running! 

Snug as a bug
In other news my cat is losing weight and my chihuahua is getting fat. Apparently that quarter mile run I took her on last week has her feeling like I do. Starving all the time. So hungry. Don't know when the last time was I only had one lunch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment