Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Running funk(y)?

Recovering from AR50 has been pretty breezy physically but mentally has been a bit more of a challenge. It may be because of the stomach issue or it could be that I don't really have a "schedule" in front of me... So I signed up for the Skyline to Sea 50K to give me a goal... I'd like to break 5:00 and I think I can given that its mostly downhill and the climbing is about half that of Way too Cool. 


I like that I'm starting to get to a point in my running life that says I don't need a schedule to get out there and run. It makes running a bit more casual and fun. And I know that even though I don't have a race i'm training for I can still get out there and do speed work and long runs because of the pure joy of it. (That and I've gained 2 pounds since AR50 and I'd really like to lose those...)


I'd like to start encouraging people who like to run but don't really have a goal in site to get out there and maybe if they have someone with them it will help. I'd like to see my friend Eli do his first half marathon and perhaps Kevin do his first marathon. And if I can assist in training or running it with them I would be honored. I like to see people make breakthroughs in their current physical condition. Its huge. We're so much more capable than we think. As long as one trains smart (and not too hard, too much, too fast) there really is no limit. The limit comes first mentally than it does physically, in my opinion. These mental breakthroughs allow us to learn more about ourselves and that might be one of the reasons why were are here on planet earth...right? 


Ending on the philosophical note, I'd like to add this:



No comments:

Post a Comment